Do you want to work for the best PR agency in the Midlands? Ok, we may be slightly biased, but we do have an incredible list of clients and we get some amazing results.
In the past 12 months alone, we’ve had coverage in every national newspaper going, our clients have been on The One Show, The Radio 2 Chris Evans Breakfast Show and ITV’s News at Ten, and we’ve had viral hits on social media.
We’re currently looking for a confident, enthusiastic account executive to join our team. Day-to-day duties will include writing press releases, pitching story ideas out to the media, responding to media enquiries on behalf of our clients and monitoring coverage when it comes through.
So if you can spot a great story, you have a way with words and you’re not scared to pick up the phone and talk to journalists, we’d love to hear from you.
- Research and write press releases, case studies and social media posts
- Pitch out press releases, stories and feature ideas by phone and email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
- Respond to queries from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor and collate media coverage and produce reports as necessary
- Support senior team members across all elements of client accounts
- Attend client events and meetings with colleagues
- Contribute to team brainstorm sessions to generate fresh ideas for PR campaigns
Skills and experience needed
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good teamwork and negotiation skills
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm, confidence and the ability to cope well under pressure
- The ability to think strategically and good analytical skills
- A good knowledge of current affairs
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on more than one project at a time
- Creativity and imagination
- Ability to use own initiative
- Previous agency experience desirable
- Driving license
If this sounds like the role for you, send over your CV to our senior account manager Sarah by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.